Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Small Talk: A List of That for which I am Thankful


To ye bloggers - sorry for not being consistent with the postage. It's been busy, and I've been lazy (a dandy combination).

Today's post refers back to a homily I heard at mass this past Sunday. The priest, emphasizing that prayer is not only a means to wish but a means to tahnk, told us to periodically write down a list of things we're grateful for. Specifically, he told us to write a list of seventeen things we're grateful for. Funny enough, each of my wishlists was of seventeen; a creepy coincidence if I do say so myself.

List of That for which I am Thankful (in, again, no particular order)

1. An Amazing, Supportive, and Charismatic Family
2. Tap Shoes
3. Drugstore-brand Eyeliner
4. A Network of Diverse, Caring Friends
5. A Healthy, Vivid Memory
6. Hundreds of Family Photographs to Augment #5
7. The Smell of Jungle Conditioner by Lush
8. The Scratched-Out, Messy Scrawl in my Poetry Notebooks
9. The Ability of a Hard Drive to Store #6, And Lots of It
10. The Taste of Peach Pleasure Jamba Juice, No Bananas, Substitute Lime Sherbert
11. My Mother's Singing Voice
12. My Father's Jorts and Lovably Dorky Demeanor (these two things go hand in hand)
13. Yaya's Adobo and Kare-Kare
14. The 33 on April's ACT Exam
15. Photoshop's Ability to Make Memories Surreal
16. Pens with Good Ink Flow
17. Everyone who Follows This Blog

Thanks, guys. Bon Appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment