Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Small Talk: Ze Wishlist


Two days ago was my birthday (and the first official day of summer, don't ya know!). I'm seventeen. Crazy stuff.

Anyhoo, my apologies for not posting; between adorable cousins, pancit, lumpia shanghai (egg rolls), and tap rehearsal, I didn't really get a chance to plug in and type up.

To compensate, today's Small Talk post is two wishlists - le tangible and le intangible (seventeen things each, for good measure).


Le Tangible, in no particular order
1. Lollapalooza Tickets
2. Anything from Lush
3. DVD Compilations of tap dancing footage
4. SillyBands (vice...and, as of yesterday, check! Thanks, Ate Genie!)
5. New Camera Lenses (also check! Thanks, Dad!)
6. Gift certificates to places that sell CDs (CD > iTunes. Every day.)
7. Plane tickets to New Jersey, California, Texas, or the Philippines (I've got family in lots of places)
8. A George Foreman Grill
9. Up in The Air on DVD
10. Gift Certificates to Barnes and Noble
11. Tons of '80s Movies on DVD (haven't seen Sixteen Candles, Dirty Dancing, The Breakfast Club, the list goes on and on)
12. Tons of Horror Movies on DVD (I'm seventeen now. Hey hey.)
13. My License (Gotta get those hours...)
14. An Old-School Typewriter
15. Pencils and Pens (You haven't the slightest idea how obsessed I am with writing utensils.)
16. A Wholesale Order of LifeStraws to send to Third-World Countries
17. Lots and Lots of People to Hug


Le Intangible
1. A Summer of Great Conversation
2. College Acceptances (crosses fingers, bites nails)
3. A Great Nationals with Steppin' Out Dance Company
4. The Willpower to finish a screenplay I've been working on
5. Good health for my family and friends
6. People to meet
7. Sleep
8. The Ability to catch up with people whom I haven't seen in a while
9. A Good Schedule for Next Year's Classes
10. With regards to the above, being in Friebel's Honors Seminar in Writing Class
11. Gay Marriage in More States
12. Tort Reform in our Healthcare Bill
13. Blessings
14. The Energy to stay as Busy as I am now
15. Places to Explore
16. The Perpetual Maintenance of a Child's Imagination
17. Good times.

Yum.

2 comments:

  1. Oy vey, little one. Molly Ringwald movie marathon upon my arrival in August.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope most of ur wished come true~~~ or all of them, that'd be best :D

    ReplyDelete